It's my birthday today, hooray for being 23! And today I am going talk about one of my favourite palettes at the moment, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette! I received this a couple of weeks ago and I have been obsessed with it and using it almost every day, I can't believe I hadn't ever had it! Not only are the shades lovely but it also smells good enough to eat.
This is the original Chocolate Bar Palette from Too Faced which not only is packed full of chocolatey shades, but it also smells just like chocolate! It has a very sweet scent but isn't at all artificial and I have even noticed that you can smell the chocolate scent as you apply them to the eyes which I love. The shadows have been pigmented with pure, antioxidant-rich cocoa powder, Jerrod Blandino was inspired to include this after learning of the benefits while at a Hawaiian Spa. This palette has been formulated without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates.
The packaging is stunning and super cute, I expect nothing less from Too Faced with the palette itself looking like a chocolate bar. The palette is a tin palette so it is very durable and great for keeping in your makeup bag, it also has a mirror inside if you want to apply your makeup on the go. This palette has a sweet and tempting array of 16 matte and shimmer shades which scented with real chocolate. This palette has some lovely warmer toned shadows and a great mixture of browns, neutrals and pops of colour. The shades in this palette are:
- Gilded Ganache is a dark chocolate brown with warm light brown undertones and yellow/bronze shimmer
- White Chocolate is a warmer toned pale beige (matte finish)
- Milk Chocolate is a medium/dark slightly warm toned brown with red/yellow undertones (matte finish)
- Black Forest Truffle is a burgundy brown with shimmer
- Triple Fudge is a deep dark brown with a touch of warmth (matte finish)
- Salted Caramel is a warm toned orangey brown (matte finish)
- Marzipan is a gorgeous warm peachy-range with a slight metallic finish
- Semi-Sweet medium/dark brown with warm reddish undertones (matte finish)
- Strawberry Bon Bon is a cool toned lighter pink
- Candied Violet is a smoky violet with cool undertones and multi-coloured shimmers.
- Amaretto is a warm toned, warm medium-dark brown with a frosted finish
- Hazelnut is a medium/dark golden bronze with a frosted finish
- Crème Brulee is a warm darkened gold with a metallic finish
- Haute Chocolate is a warm dark chocolate with a frosted finish
- Cherry Cordial is a plummy brown with warm tones and flecks of sparkle in a matte base
- Champagne Truffle is a brighter pinky white with a metallic finish
I really like that they have the two highlight and brightening shades double the size as these are the ones that you would probably run out of the quickest, I have been using White Chocolate every single day so I am so happy about this! I have been really impressed with the pigmentation and how well these apply. I have been applying these without any eyeshadow primer and they look fantastic and apply with ease. While these shades are buttery soft and so easy to apply and blend, they aren't too pigmented to the point of being too intense and easy to make a mistake with. I haven't noticed any of the shades to have a lot of kick up either. My favourite shades at the moment are White Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Milk Chocolate and Crème Brulee. I love that the palette has pops of colour in too as these are great for the lower lash line. Once the shadows have been applied, I haven't noticed any fading or creasing of any of the shades on the eyes, even without eye shadow primer.
If you don't have this palette already, I highly recommend it! I am definitely going to have to get my hands on Semi-Sweet next! The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette retails for £39 at Debenhams - HERE.