I think it's safe to say that I am obsessed with this years Too Faced Christmas collection. I have previously reviewed and swatched the festive lip set, Merry Kissmas - Review HERE and now it's time to talk about this beauty! As soon as I saw this was coming out, I knew I had to get my hands on it so as soon as I spotted it on the Debenhams website, I clicked checkout with no regrets.
This the Merry Macarons Palette from the Too Faced Christmas in New York collection. This palette comes in the most beautiful box with a New York scene inside complete with a food cart and ice skater. This palette has 12 gorgeous eyeshadows and comes complete with a deluxe size Better than Sex Mascara which is one of my all time favourite mascaras. You have to hand it to Too Faced, they have the best product packaging right now and it literally blows another brand out of the water.
Even the box that the palette comes in can be used as a decorative piece, I have mine sitting on the top of my Ikea Alex Drawers with my perfumes and it looks so pretty, it definitely isn't packaging you chuck in the bin! The eyeshadow palette itself is Vanilla scented and has 12 mainly warm toned shadows with pops of colours such as gorgeous purples. Ever since this palette arrived it has been the only one I have used and I do already have favourite looks that I like to create with it. The shades in the palette are:
- Coconut is a matte light beige with neutral/warm undertones
- Dulce de Leche is a matte medium brown with warm undertones
- Banana Cream is a medium/dark coppery bronze with a stunning metallic finish and warm undertones
- Almond Mocha is a matte dark brown again with warm undertones
- Champagne Rose is a super light gold with a hint of pink with a frosted almost sparkly finish.
- Mint Chocolate is a yet medium dark purple taupe with a matte finish neutral undertones
- Tiramisu is a soft light/medium peachy warm-toned brown with a matte finish.
- Chocolate Raspberry is a dark plum/purple with warm undertones and a finish of a frosted sheen
- Praline is a medium gold with warm orange undertones and a metallic finish
- Honey Lavender light/medium lavender with warm undertones and a metallic finish
- Violet Cassic is a bright medium fuchsia with cooler violet pearled finish
Cookies & Cream is a deep black with a almost matte finish with silver and blue glitters.
The cute and gorgeous theme of the packaging is even on the inside of the palette and has stunning gold foiled detailing. It is worth noting that the palette itself is made out of cardboard which I personally don't mind as I won't be traveling with this at the moment. All of the shades are incredible pigmented and you do get a great range of mattes and metallic shades and a few glitter shades. Each and every shade is easy to apply and blend and I have never experienced any patchiness when used with or without primer. I have applied a couple of the metallic shades wet and it completely transforms the shadows and they appear as if they are foiled on the lid, I am obsessed with how they look when applied wet!
One of my favourite looks to create is a simple gold eye with Tiramisu as a transition shade, Praline on the lid with either Champagne Rose or Banana Cream in the inner corner of the lid with Dulce de Leche in the crease and Almond Mocha in the outer corner. Finished off with Coconut as a brow bone highlight and popped in the inner corner to brighten. I usually only wear warm toned shadows but I am actually really liking a purple toned look I have created with this palette as well with Honey Lavender on the lid, Almond Mocha in the crease and Chocolate Raspberry blended from the outer lid slightly into the crease. For a little pop of colour to this look I apply Violet Cassis on the lower lash line.
I have already got so much use out of this palette and I don't see myself stopping using it anytime soon. Coconut has been my go-to brow bone highlighting shade and Champagne Rose looks stunning when applied wet to the inner corner and onto the inner lid, I pretty much use Champagne Rose every day! I haven't found any of the shadows to crease on the eye at all throughout the day and they don't fade at all either. I am truly in love with this palette if you can't already tell.
The Too Faced Merry Macarons Palette retails for £28 at Debenhams - HERE.