I have been on a huge eyeshadow palette kick lately and while I have the original Chocolate Bar Palette, I knew I really wanted to get my hands on the Semi-Sweet as it is packed full of gorgeous matte and shimmer warm toned shades. If you already have the original, I do think you also need this palette as it is different from the original and you can never have enough makeup!
I have been using this palette so much since it got delivered and I love the shade range. Just like the original Chocolate Bar Palette, it smells incredible and good enough to eat from being cocoa-infused! I honestly sit and smell it while I apply the shadows to the eyes, why can't all palettes smell this good?! This is a deeper and warmer version of the best-selling Chocolate Bar Palette and has 16 shades from warm caramels, deep mochas and bronzy chocolate hues with a pop of blueberry with a mixture of matte and shimmer shades. The shades in this palette are:
- Licorice is a medium-dark warm toned black (mostly matte finish)
- Coconut Creme is a warm toned creamy beige/yellow (matte)
- Nougat is a muted yet medium/dark peachy pink (matte)
- Truffled is a medium dark brown (matte)
- Hot Fudge is a rich dark brown with a hint of black and grey with a frosted finish
- Cocoa Chili is a dark brown with warm undertones (matte)
- Pink Sugar is a pale pink with yellow undertones with a glittery finish
- Puddin' is a muted dark brown with a hint of grey (matte)
- Blueberry Swirl is a faded dark blue with hints of black and purple with a frosted finish
- Peanut Butter is a bright medium orange with a hint of brown (matte)
- Frosting is a bronzy brown with warm undertones and a frosted sheen
- Rum Raisin is a slightly muted medium/dark taupe brown with warm undertones, metallic finish
- Mousse is a medium warm toned brown (matte)
- Caramel is a bright golden copper with a metallic finish
- Bon Bon is a medium copper with a hint of brown and a metallic finish
- Butter Pecan is a light gold with a hint of peach with a frosted sheen
Just like the original version, it is housed in a metal tin which looks like a chocolate bar, this one of more of a milk chocolate colour whereas the original has much darker packaging. Inside the palette you get a decent sized mirror in the lid and the two highlighting shades are double the size as the other shades. I love the shade range of this palette and I can see myself using this more than the Original as I love super warm toned shadows. Most of the shades in this palette have great pigmentation but shades like Pink Sugar and Blueberry Swirl aren't as intense when you apply them as they are on the eyes. I actually prefer this, Pink Sugar is a gorgeous shadow topper and Blueberry Swirl looks gorgeous on the lower lash line.
I am always impressed with Too Faced's eyeshadow formulas as the shadows are incredibly soft to the touch and apply with ease and are super blendable. These shadows are so easy to work with and even without eyeshadow primer I never experience any patchiness. My favourite shades have been Peanut Butter, Caramel, Bon Bon and Coconut Creme, I use these shades the most! My go-to look has been with Peanut Butter in the crease with Caramel on the lid with Bon Bon in the inner corner/lid with Coconut Creme as my highlight and I love how it looks. I haven't found any of the shades to crease on me, with or without primer and they don't ever fade throughout the day.
The Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette retails for £39 at Debenhams - HERE.